Friday, October 26, 2012

Flighty Obsessions?

I tend to obsess.  I do.  I ultra-focus on something; learning and experiencing anything and everything there is to know about the "thing".  Until I get tired of it and then I don't.  Then I move onto my next  obsession.
You'd like an example?  Let's see...in the past 15 years I have become an "expert" in:
cake decorating
wall stenciling
traditional scrapbooking
digital scrapbooking
rubber stamping
candy making
working out ( I actually set my babies in front of Barney with their little dishes of cheerios for 2 hours everyday while I worked out on the Exercycle.  I did lose massive amounts of weight though!)
Cricut cutting machine
jam/jelly making
freezer meals
soap making
beading bracelets
Bento Boxes
short story fiction writing
and reading - I went through a science fiction phase...and romance/mystery/true crime/horror/etc. phase
aprons - making and collecting
I've colored my hair every imaginable normal hue
I've taken classes - I've taught classes.  I've done it for fun and I've done it for money.

What else?  Blogging...yes blogging.  At one time I had three very active "mommy blogs". They were super cute too and had all the bells and whistles.   That's right, once upon a time I used to blog.  For love or money? I was never sure which.  It started out for love, morphed into money - which there never was much of - and the blogs ended up being not much to love either.  This one is just for fun. For me.  Please join me as I share my latest obsession- whatever that may be...


2 comments:

  1. Ok. Sign me up, I want to go on your flights with you. it is always fun watching someone else obsess about something you are interested in learning about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Daria you can "fly" away with me anytime! (Ok that just sounds a little silly doesn't it lol)...

    ReplyDelete