Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Fab Fit Fun VIP Winter Subscription Box Review

I've been posting a few subscription box reviews lately. I guess that makes it an obsession right? The Winter Edition of the Fab Fit Fun VIP (FFFVIP) box arrived this week.  I really like FFFVIP boxes not only because they are usually super fun but also because they only come once a quarter - or every three months.  Even though they are a little pricier ($49.95), you don't have to pay for one every month.  This one had some interesting things in it; some to love…some undecided.  A subscription box is kind of like a box of chocolate…

So far every FFFVIP box has had some jewelry in it.  This month's had a necklace and a bracelet.  I guess these items are the ones I'm not sure about.  Usually when I don't like a piece of jewelry it's a generation thing and my 20 year old daughter loves it (and takes it for her own).  She wasn't sure this time either.  Both pieces have an interesting meaning behind them though:
The Giving Keys Never Ending Necklace features an engraved key pendant.  This one says "courage".  You are suppose to wear it and embrace the message until you run across someone else who needs the message more than you do.  You then pay it forward by giving them your necklace.  Kinda cool.

The Lorna Jane Bracelet.The bracelet is a symbol of sisterhood and is  worn as a reminder to "Move, Nourish,  and "Believe" everyday.  AND I think you could even wear it to the gym! Hmmm


The  necklace retails for $55 and the bracelet for $29.99.

The TruEnergy Inspired Earbuds retail for  $39.99 and are a bright flashy blue.  Love the color!  An awesome feature of these earbuds is the splitter so that you can share your music.

Fab Fit Fun boxes have always contained some sort of cosmetic.  My daughter's favorite in this box was the lip gloss.  It was pretty cool because the lid had a light in it and the lip gloss container had a mirror on the side. (You notice I talk in past tense.  That's because for me the lip gloss is in the past…long gone to my daughter.) 
Beauty for Real Lip Gloss- Retails for $22.


There was also a full size Simple Foaming Facial Cleaner ($7.50) and NYX Eye Shadow Palette ($8)
I'm pretty excited about the Bioxidea Miracle 24 facial mask ($19) and the Skyn Icelandic Relief Eye Cream ($45). I guess I'm showing my age…
Finally there is a code to get five online Physique 57 Classes for some "butt-lifting and tummy-toning workout fun".  It seemed a little sketch at first. Would they ask me to give a credit card number up front?  Is is a buy 5 get 5 type of "certificate"?  But it looks like the real deal.  You get to try out five lessons on FFFVIP - a $25 value.

All in all a mostly decent box with goodies retailing at….(drumroll)…..around $250.00 all for the price of $49.99!

No comments:

Post a Comment