Sunday, December 15, 2013

Pop Sugar December Must Have Subscription Box Review

I love subscription boxes!  They are my new indulgent obsession.  The Pop Sugar December box was just delivered last week.  Of course I had to wait until my 20 year old daughter visited before I could open it.  It's kind of a fun thing we do together.  In fact, FUN is totally the word I would use to describe December's box.
Some boxes have a sort-of theme going on.  I think the theme that best describes this box is all the fun little things you would like to buy for yourself but don't.  Let's see what was in this fun little box!  

The most impressive item from this month's box is a Lulu Frost Bracelet.  
This gorgeous bracelet is on a heavy chain and has a dangling silver charm that reminds me of a snowflake.  It's kind of hard to see in this picture so please go to Lulu Frost's website for a better look.  By the way, this is my daughter modeling the bracelet- and no, she never took it off before she left to go back to college.  A very clever way to walk off with a bracelet valued at $110! 
I love pretty much everything I saw on the Lulu Frost website.  It's a little pricey for me though - stuff I would not normally buy which makes the Pop Sugar Subscription Box so worth it to me!

Next up is MIXT Studio Holiday Gifting Set which includes paper tags and twine to wrap 3 smallish boxes and retails for $9.  It's okay - kinda cute. 
This box, as a Pop Sugar Box always does, included some fun cosmetics to try.  In this month's box was a full size Modelco Fibre Lashxtend Black Mascara which retails for $20 and promises "clump-free voluminous lashes because of it's glossy texture and added lash fibers".  I wouldn't know as my daughter took off with that one too.  The December Box also included a NCLA Peppermint Lane Nail Wraps set ($16).  While I think it's cute, I did send it on with my daughter - red and white polkadots and stripes will truly look better on her hands than on mine!

Okay so my daughter has kinda made out like a bandit on this box! (I am going to try to sneak the bracelet  back from her though…) One item she didn't get was a set of Govino Go Anywhere Champagne Flutes.  They are beautiful clear and lightweight plastic that is reusable and comes in a set of four for $13.  
You'll notice they are stemless and though it's hard to see in the photo - they have a little indent on the side you can use to hold them.
I would have preferred wine glasses, which you can find on their website.    But  these are  nice!

Finally are the treats.  This month's box was very generous with the goodies!
 First we have the CC Made Caramel corn.  It was actually pretty tasty.  The 3 oz package sells for $4. Then they included not one but two packages of Ghirardelli Squares.  My favorite was the Pumpkin Spice.  Who knew that pumpkin and spice in caramelly goodness, covered with milk chocolate would be so delicious!
It was fun to put everything out on the table for our impromptu tree decorating session. 
So all in all a fun little box with an estimated value of $180 for only $39.95!!



No comments:

Post a Comment